Skalar is a company built by technologists with a clear idea: solve challenges by building the most useful and interesting products that people need and want. We do this by combining business, technology, and design to co-create and maintain products through long term partnerships. Skalar is growing strongly and is now looking for more people to join us on our exciting journey. Our ambition is to expand the Skalar family to 50 people by the end of 2023, so we can build more of our interdisciplinary teams and develop more products and start-ups. If you love what you do and are ready to take on challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
As Lead Digital Product Designer in Skalar you’ll work with a team to create the single best product experience. You will have the overall responsibility for the design and lead other designers. You will be able to combine strong UX skills and product thinking to create design solution that aligns with the ambitions and goals of the product. As lead, you’ll work closely with other designers to define and follow the best processes to achieve design excellence. Your contribution will make an impact within the team and to the entire product experience.
Whom are we looking for?
If you feel motivated by the chance of creating products from scratch and want to create a world-class user experience this may be the right place for you. You thrive best when working closely in a cross-functional team, while setting the vision for the design. You can see the big picture and use it to get things done. in other words: the quality of your ideas and ability to execute them will be central to the role.
These are elements we think you can relate to:
- You become especially motivated by the chance to use your experience to create the product vision and new concepts.
- You enjoy working towards achievable, measurable and impactful goals.
- You’re ready to assume a leadership role within the product team. Shaping norms and processes for the design and product team at large.
- You can demonstrate and articulate a strong understanding of information architecture, complex systems. Consistently considering the holistic user experience and the product goals.
- You have a deep knowledge of UX research methods and turning findings into solutions.
- Have experience collaborating within cross-functional agile teams
- You can use Design Principles to work with existing visual frameworks or create new ones to produce designs
- You will lead the effort from definition to execution of the design, for the product and the team.
- If you want to focus on creating outstanding user experiences, we’re also looking for a Senior UX designer.
What can Skalar offer you?
- Startup culture with corporate benefits
- Continuous competence development
- Tight knit international teams, sitting in-house
- Competitive salary and benefits (Internet, Mobile, Computer etc)
- Comprehensive Insurance (Travel, Health, Injury, Life)
- Brand new offices at MESH in central Oslo
- Regular social gatherings
- Work in a hybrid way (We like to get together from time to time, so it is nice that we all sort of live in Oslo, and in Norway).
- To learn more about our values, and what it’s like to work at Skalar, read our handbook.
If you feel motivated by reading this we would love to hear from you. Any questions about the position, application process, or Skalar AS contact: Gabriella Nyborg Hernando, Head of Recruitment and Employer Branding.